1 an arrangement of parts or elements; "the outcome depends on the configuration of influences at the time" [syn: constellation]
2 any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes through the smoke" [syn: shape, form, contour, conformation]
- Form, as depending on the relative disposition of the parts of a thing's shape; figure.
- Relative position or aspect of the planets; the face of the horoscope, according to the relative positions of the planets at any time.
- The way things are arranged or put together in order to achieve a result.
- In the context of "physics|chemistry": The arrangement of electrons in an atom, molecule, or other physical structure like a crystal.
- German: Konfiguration
- Portuguese: configuração
- Spanish: configuración
arrangement of electrons
- Czech: konfigurace
- German: Konfiguration
Ramki The term configuration has several meanings:
- Computer configuration
- Electron configuration
- Configuration (geometry)
- Configuration (mathematics)
- Molecular configuration
- In sociology, figuration
- Product configuration
- In software, configure is the output of Autotools and used to detect system configuration. This is referred to as "./configure" in Unix.
- in software, a configuration file is used to configure the initial settings for a computer program.
- in software, more generally, a system comprised of a specified set of components or elements of specified versions (or version ranges).
- CONFIG.SYS, the primary configuration file for MS-DOS and OS/2 operating system
- Airplane Configuration, the actual position of Trailing Edge Flaps Devices, Leading edges, Landing Gear of an aircraft during its operation inflight or on the ground.
configuration in German: Konfiguration
configuration in Spanish: Configuración
configuration in French: Configuration
configuration in Dutch: Configuratie
configuration in Japanese: コンフィギュレーション
configuration in Portuguese: Configuração
configuration in Russian: Конфигурация
Platonic form, Platonic idea, aesthetic form, angle, archetype, aroma, art form, aspect, attribute, badge, brand, build, cachet, cast, character, characteristic, conformation, constellation, contour, cut, delineation, differentia, differential, distinctive feature, earmark, effect, eidolon, facet, fashion, feature, features, figuration, figure, figure-ground, flavor, form, format, formation, frame, framework, genre, gestalt, guise, gust, hallmark, idiocrasy, idiosyncrasy, image, imago, impress, impression, index, individualism, inner form, keynote, layout, light, likeness, lineaments, lines, look, main features, make, makeup, manner, mannerism, mark, marking, matrix, modality, mode, model, mold, nature, odor, outline, particularity, pattern, peculiarity, phase, phasis, profile, property, prototype, quality, quirk, reference, regard, relief, respect, savor, seal, seeming, semblance, set, shape, shapes, side, significant form, silhouette, simulacrum, singularity, skeleton, slant, smack, specialty, stamp, structure, style, taint, tang, taste, token, total effect, tournure, trait, trick, turn, twist, type, view, viewpoint, wise